Here's our to do list for these four weeks:
- reorganize and clean up the upstairs workroom (completed beautifully by a couple of teachers in the first two days)
- make a welcome video for new students and their families - narrated by students
- reorganize all of the math manipulatives in our math trailer (this may involve some reorganizing in another room in the building too so that we can move materials there)
- decorate and make our teachers' lounge more welcoming and warm
- help gather evidence and organize information for our state alternative assessment
In previous years we have reorganized our book room, pulled small groups for remediation, created book lists for teaching different strategies in reading and writing, and many other activities. Again, none required by our administration. I often forget that this is not the norm.