Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Publication Excitement

I've been officially published! A good friend and assistant principal for whom I have great respect and I co-authored an article which is online in ASCD's Educational Leadership. Writing the article was a great experience for me. Seeing it online at ASCD's website is wonderful.

We were both really excited that the article was accepted, but also slightly disappointed that it is only online. Then ASCD sent us both six copies of this issue. The title of the article and our names are in the print issue in two different places, but I don't think I needed six copies for that.

7 comments:

Franki said...

Great article--thanks for letting us know about it. A great piece about the power of blogging with students.

kirsten said...

Oh, congratulations! I can't wait to read the article.

The Science Goddess said...

Congratulations! Such an exciting event and another great way to share your expertise.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And hey, only online is way better than only in print, like Will Richardson's Education Leadership article.

Tricia said...

Great news! I've already sent this to my preservice teachers who wonder about the power of blogging. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to share this work!

Katie Dicesare said...

Congrats!! This is a great read for our 5th grade teachers who have explored blogging with their students.

Mandy said...

Congrats on your article! I actually had already read it before I read on your blog that you authored it.