Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Forever Recorded on Film

Today was my first class picture day with first graders. As an upper grade teacher I always felt I was forcing a smile and trying super hard not to look to my left to make sure the kids were truly picture ready. That's a piece of cake compared to today.

I wanted to write about it, but honestly, I was too exhausted from the experience to actually do so. Fortunately, organized chaos is a better woman than I and has done so. My class is the second one she describes. (That's one of the reasons she's a better woman, she had to go through the nightmare with two classes.)

For those of you unfamiliar with elementary school class picture procedures, you should know that they take a quick shot of the class to print out so that the teacher can write down the names of all the folks in it in the correct order for each row. This picture had to be taken more than once for my class today. When the photographer handed me the picture and form to fill out, he said, "This isn't the final picture. But that one's not much better."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... I dread picture day but we don't have to take a whole class picture...only 29 individual pictures at one camera. It seems to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r.