Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Last Day Sadness

Not my sadness, my daughter's. Tomorrow is her last day of kindergarten. Her class has become a community like none I've seen before. Her teacher has been amazed by them. They were the ones that planned an entire wedding for their class bear.

This sadness keeps waking her up tonight. She's devastated by this ending. I want to honor that feeling, but I also want to help her become excited about the new things to come. How do we grieve for the past while simultaneously anticipating the future?

1 comment:

Karen Janowski said...

Jen,
Although I don't often leave comments, I have so enjoyed reading your blog as you discovered teaching first grade this year and shared your thoughts and perspectives.
Enjoyable, well written posts. Looking forward to more next year.