Frau M. at Half Dollar in the Jar, weeks ago, tagged me with the 7 Facts Award. I'm always flattered when someone tags me for something and then I always manage to completely drop the ball. So, here goes...
1. I get all my news from NPR, The Daily Show, and The Colbert Report. It makes for a slightly jumbled, but mostly amusing sense of what's happening in the world.
2. I played harp on a cruise ship when I graduated from college. It wed the two things I wanted most at that time: to continue playing the harp and to travel. It was fabulous.
3. Related to number 2, we have a baby grand piano and a concert grand harp in our living room. There isn't room for much else.
4. I've been doing sprint triathlons (short ones) for three years now. I am exceptionally slow but I'm thrilled I can finish them!
5. As a kid I loved to read mysteries, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and such, and I wanted to be a private detective when I grew up. But, really, only for the safe, fun parts.
6. In high school I spent two summers in Spain (I have an aunt from Spain and I stayed with her family) and loved it. I would live there if I could figure out how to make it work.
7. I was a total girly-girl as a kid. While still being something of a tomboy. I loved purple, flowery things, lace, and fancy dresses. Now I prefer sweatpants and a t-shirt.
I am not going to tag anyone, sadly, because clearly I'm not all that competent at these things.