Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks From Around Our School

In spite of my issues with the historical accuracy of Thanksgiving as it is typically taught in schools, it may be one of my favorite times at school. I love seeing all the displays about the things students are thankful for. Not seeing "I am thankful for my XBox" or some such makes me smile. It's possible teachers didn't allow that, but knowing our students I'm betting these examples are all genuine. These happen to be from kindergarten classrooms that I pass on my way anywhere.




1 comment:

luckeyfrog said...

My students and I talked beforehand about which we were MORE thankful for- things like a home, friends, and family or things like Nintendo DS and TV. We can be thankful for those things, but Thanksgiving is a time to focus on the things we're MOST thankful for.