Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10 People Who Inspire Me

There is so much flying around in my head from the Northern Virginia Writing Project Summer Institute. However, until it is over next week, I probably won't manage to get it all out and organized in any meaningful way.

Yesterday we talked about changemakers. Again, there is a lot of amazing thoughts around this, but I'm just going to share one piece of what we did. We made a list of ten people who inspire us. The lists were wonderful - parents, teachers, heroes. I found that my list was all people I actually know (although I haven't met one of them). I didn't have Ghandi or Martin Luther King, Jr or Mother Teresa or Jaime Escalante such on my list. It's not that those people don't inspire me because they do, it's that they didn't come to mind immediately.

Here's my list in the order in which I wrote it:
Most of the above are educators, apparently I can't get away from that. They are all brilliant and push me in a variety of ways - all of which I appreciate.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I love that a student from your class last year is on your list. Reading your blog keeps reminding me why I want to become a teacher.

Jenny said...

Maggie, That little guy never ceases to amaze me. There is so much I can learn from him (and his big sister and his dad, for that matter).
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot.