Monday, March 19, 2012

Math Superhero


Recently my students made movies of themselves telling number stories (word problems). We're working on understanding what it actually means to work a number sentence, such as 3 + 5 = 8. Most of them can figure out the answer to such questions but they don't all truly understand that those numbers mean something.

We made one movie of all our little movies and shared it on our class blog.They had a great time making the movies and I had a great time watching them, both as they created them and later.

The short video above is one of the movies made by my little friend, "Nate." I love having him in my class and he always makes me smile. After he made this video, he struck this pose.

Our Math Superhero

1 comment:

Miss Angel said...

He's a cutie! I love his math problem with mirrors!