Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gratitude Continues

Life has been so full of things for which to feel grateful that I haven't taken time to write about my gratitude. 
For the moment I'll start with my students who make my day regularly. We start each morning when I greet each student at the door. We shake hands and say good morning. Usually it's pretty quick as my goal is to get all 20 of them in and going on our day. But sometimes, especially at the beginning of the week, they have much to share with me. Yesterday was totally awesome:
  • One girl shook my hand and sighed deeply. Very deeply. When I asked what was wrong, I was told, "Well, first of all, I couldn't get to sleep last night. It was like 11:30 before I could finally go to sleep! But even worse! I have a zit on my head!" and off she headed into our room. 
  • Another girl held up a pink toothbrush (looked like a pretty normal pink toothbrush to me) and told me with great excitement that she was going to share it at morning meeting. She did.
  • One more girl walked in holding Smile. She couldn't wait to show me the author picture in the back, saying, "See? She looks just like you!"
Image of Raina Telgemeier
Raina Telgemeier, author of Smile.
More gratitude coming soon!

Cross-posted from jenorr.com.