For the first time this year I decided to really manage all the cords by my desk. I never worried about it with fourth and fifth graders, but I think it could be quite a temptation for these first graders. So I gathered them all and taped them up and away. (There are cords for my computer, printer, Smartboard, projector, speakers, iPod, and palm.) However, after the first few days I realized we needed to make a change in our meeting area. So I started over. About a week later I changed things again and did the cords again. Finally, last Friday I got rid of the desk I'd been using and switched to this one (it was a space saving decision) and started over with the cords yet again. I'm hoping this is the final time. At least they are out of the way of my students!