The classroom is beginning to feel like it's coming together. Thank goodness since the kids have been there for a week already. They've got book boxes, for all the books they're reading during independent reading time. Our calendar is rolling, although just barely. I haven't quite figured out how to transition into it each day. I've got to iron that out this week. Our meeting area is pretty set. It's a tight fit when we're all there, but the rug is colorful, we've got the easel, the chart stand, the Smartboard, and the word wall. What more could we need. Finally, we've got a Thinking Spot for those students who need a moment to pull themselves together.
These parts of the room, however, are still in a serious state of disarray. Hopefully I will find the time this week to get them in order. The library will be organized by the students (at least, I hope so) over the next few weeks to a month. The listening center and the computers are up to me. I just haven't felt the urge or had the energy to tackle all the wires. It should be noted that my husband began the process with my computers. Also, it looks impressive that I have 3 computers, but only one is really usable. Two of them are Waterford computers with a phonics program my students are required to use.