Friday, December 14, 2007

Do as We Say and as We Do

I've been thinking a lot lately about one of the main reasons I love my school: the collaboration. Teachers here are always talking to one another and working together to improve their teaching practices and find new ways to help students. It occurs to me that we are modeling what we expect from our students. We often have our students work together to solve problems and to deepen their understanding and we work with them to make those collaborations effective. It's wonderful to be able to do the same.

My reflections on this are more elaborate at my most recent post on In Practice.

1 comment:

Bea said...

That is precisely what does not occur (in my observation) at the university level. Professors hoard their notes jealously and communicate almost nothing of their pedagogy.