Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Bathroom Walls

A year and a half ago I was debating what to do on the walls of the small bathroom in our classroom. I hated having that wasted space and I felt like the kids could have something there they would enjoy and/or learn from. The comments in response to my request for ideas were wonderful. I ended up just hanging some artwork last year, which I liked. I added more artwork this year (we needed more than just Picasso, Escher, and Khalo). Then, I decided to add the words the kids are expected to learn in kindergarten. Of course they haven't all learned them yet so I figured they might as well see them often.

Now, in those emergency situations when I actually use this bathroom it feels less gross and icky to me. Not un-gross or un-icky, just less so. I did manage to take pictures that avoid anything that shows this is a bathroom. I promise it is.

4 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oooooooh, I had no idea your bathroom was such a classy place. I give my hearty approval!!! Art Teacher Jan

A MilShelb Mom said...

Love it! My kids tend to write on the walls... so, we have our own art work. lol
~Maggie

Launa Hall said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

My kids rip off anything on the walls in our bathroom and shred it for entertainment when they're bored and trying to escape nap/work. How do you keep things up?