Saturday, April 19, 2014

Productivity Tool

I'm far from the most organized person. One of my favorite things to do is to buy organizational containers and things. Sometimes I actually use them.
I have found two online tools that have made a huge difference for me. One of them now costs money (it didn't when I started using it) but has been so useful to me that it's worth it. It's teux-deux, an online to do list. Anything I don't do on a given day automatically gets bumped to the next day. I can put things on any day in the future, which means I don't forget something that I need to do in a few weeks. I can also put on recurring to dos, things that I need to do every week or every other week or once a month.
TeuxDeux

The other tool is called Chains. It is designed to help you do something that you don't really want to do. Each time you do it the event gets added to the chain. If you miss one the chain is broken and you have to start over. I use it for my evening routine (I often would rather just go to bed than brush my teeth or wash my face at night) and for working out. Things can be every day or at whatever interval you want. The downside, in my mind, is that I don't want to get too long of a chain because after it's broken it'll take too long to beat it!

Chains.cc

I have no idea if these would be helpful to others but they have been immensely useful to me.
Cross-posted from jenorr.com.