Thursday, February 24, 2011

On a Lighter Note

According to Zac Chase, this is Nerd Chic.

I wear my SLA lab coat everyday at school. It has one pocket to hold my flip camera and my regular camera and one pocket for pens, post-it notes, and my cell phone (forgive me, I've got a little one at a babysitter - I like to feel accessible). Plus, I can clip my badge and keys onto a pocket.

The first year I went to Educon, 2009, the students were all wearing their lab coats and I thought they were awesome. I casually mentioned to Chris Lehmann that, while I liked the Educon shirts, what I really wanted was a lab coat. He told me we could work that out.

I don't even think about what I'm wearing any more but I'm sure I look strange to other teachers or parents. But, being nerd chic works for me.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Woo hoo!