Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Value of Silliness

If you missed Educon you missed a lot. More than I can begin to tackle. However, my very favorite moment of the entire event was this one:



I have immense respect for these two men and their takes on silliness and seriousness are fabulous. I don't think I could have put into words what they have said about this idea, that there is value in silliness but I completely agree with them.

I don't know either man well, but I spent some time with Chris Lehmann at CMK last summer and he is being completely honest about not taking himself seriously. I might not have believed it before then but it is true. I have spent less time with Zac Chase, but I don't question his sincerity here.

A principal's office like this has to be a good sign for a school.

No comments: