Sunday, June 17, 2012

Love: In Three Frames for Father's Day

As I attempt to catch up on ds106 I'm trying some visual assignments. For Father's Day (a day that always slips past me as it falls right at the end of the school year*) I gave Love: In Three Frames a try for both my husband and my father.

Here's the collage for my children's father.


And the one for my father.

Neither of these is what I want them to be, but I think that may be because I can't really put into words what I'm trying to say here.

*A recent conversation with a single father friend has me convinced we should have one 'family day' rather than Mother's Day and Father's Day. Children missing a mother or father have a rough time on those days. One day to celebrate parents would be better.

1 comment:

Sue VanHattum said...

Parents' Day would be good. I'm a single mom, and I haven't liked it when his school has done stuff for Father's Day. (Concerned about him feeling left out.) He's out of school right now, so no biggie this year.