Monday, May 07, 2012

First Grade Photographers

Last week we took all 150 first graders to the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C. We walked the nearly two miles around it stopping at the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. My students had digital cameras and flip video cameras (about one per every two kids). I hope to share a lot more about this because it was an awesome field trip for so many reasons, but for the moment, here are a few of the shots the students took. I have done nothing to these pictures. I am so impressed with what these kids captured.













4 comments:

Miss Angel said...

I love giving kids cameras! It is so awesome to see what catches their eye, and I think it teaches them to pay more attention and look more closely at things when they have the chance to look through a camera!

timstahmer said...

Love the tilted view of the Washington Monument with the reflection. It's one I wish I had taken.

Jenny said...

Angel Read, I completely agree. I think my students had a very different field trip experience than the other classes, thanks to their cameras.

Tim, Me, too. That is my absolute favorite. The framing with the leaves and the sidewalk, the tilt, and the reflection just make a fabulous picture. I wish I knew which kid took it.

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing your class' awesome pictures. Pictures go a long way to capturing the essence of different places especially for younger students who are unable to put everything into written words.

It is equally important to take pictures of your students doing different things. I had great fun chronicling my experiences when I taught in India.