Saturday, May 12, 2012

Another Nerdy Book Club Guest Post

I wrote another guest post for the Nerdy Book Club blog. It went live Friday and life has been so crazy for the past couple of days that I completely forgot about it.

This post is about the joy of sharing books with my daughters and the various ways we do so.

When I was pregnant with our oldest, my brother-in-law asked us, "What will you do if the kid isn't a reader?" My husband and I just looked at him, completely perplexed. The idea was so foreign to us.

So far it hasn't been an issue. Our oldest devours books and rereads them again and again. The youngest, who will start kindergarten in the fall, is beginning to read but would much prefer listening to one of us read to her. She and her sister play many games involving the characters of the books we are reading. They are nerdy book club members for sure.

No comments: